Fonrit

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:30:59 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>Q1: Which is the Magical System of Fonrit, Afadhan and Kareeshtu?
>
>A1: Fonritan Magical System is Theistic though there is not distinct
>explanation in Revealed Mythology.

A God-Learned view is given in Revealed Mythology:

         "Fonrit is an example of Pamaltelan Shamanism [probably
         should be Animism - PHM] gone wrong.  The origin is
         simple, because it is an interpretation of the essentials
         of Pamaltelan High Shamanism.  Pamaltelan High
         Shamanism says that the living force is the origin and holder
         of the Life Force power of the world and that the body
         should be treated with reverence and care to guard its
         health.  No spirit can generate this force.

         Ompalam says the same thing, but pushes it slightly
         further to say that "Life is Slavery.  We are slaves to our
         Body.  We acknowledge Slavery as the Order of the
         Universe, and submit to it."  Naturally, as proven long
         ago, this is divine worship and requires submission of the
         individual to this single entity, which is very foolhardy and
         dangerous.  The Fonritans do not accept that, being theists."
                         RM p41-42

There's also an allegation on page 37 that Ompalam may have come from the Vadeli Kingdom of Oabil/Chir. Presumably this is what the Doraddi believe.

--Peter Metcalfe