Re: Oslira, Sshorga and Aroka

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:33:41 +1300

Terra wrote:

> > >IMO here are far more good map in Thunder Rebels p.144 [for
> > > the flood].

> > But that isn't the Flood but the earlier Invasion of the Waters which
> > Murharzarm repels. The Flood is a far more devastating event.

>IIRC, I think the situation is more complicated and River Oslir was not
>changed as other rivers of Peloria. Please see the Myth of Blue Serpent
>Sshorga.

I'm not sure what you mean here. That myth takes place after Yelm's death which means it is not the Invasion of the Waters but the Flood.

>First Nestendos came from North (not South) as GROY illustration hinted
>and some Pelandan Mythology hinted.

Nestendos is said explicitly to have come from the north according to the GRAY text itself on page 11. Since confusion over which way it flowed dates as far back as Gods of Glorantha (the Jrusteli Monomyth contains an artless reconciliation on page p10), the confusion is perhaps intentional.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest