Re: Fonritan religion

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:36:58 -0700

Peter

> If you think that the Kalabarites are God Learners, then they are too
> early. The city is founded in 679 ST which is before the God Learners
> really got started. I prefer to think of Kalabar as a native manifestation
> forces behind the Empires of the Imperial Age like Errinoru's Elf Empire,
> the Middle Sea Empire, the EWF and the Eastern Seas Empire.

Too early how? The God Learners were busy burning Vralos in 654 [Glorantha Book p.22]

OK, I grant you that the actual God Learner movement didn't exist in 654, but then Kalabar didn't have to begin its existence by torturing the gods of Pamaltela. And the western people (whatever you want to term them) were certainly going great guns in nearby Vralos in 679. It's easy to imagine a bunch of them creating a small settlement in the highlands of Fonrit.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>

End of Glorantha Digest