Questions about Malkioni

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:32:41 +0900

Hello, below is some questions from HW-jp Mailing List:

TI, Efendi & others about Malkioni. If you have some free time recently, would you let me ask some fundamental questions....?

1 How do grimoires look like? Are there any difference between that of Wizards belonging to church and that of Sorcerers who only care with Logic, Praxis and Doxis? (Maybe Efendi expects a sort of free symposium between wizards, like very enlightened area like God Learners or modern Sog City....)

2 What kind of materials are used in standard grimoires aside from Blue Book of Zzabur made from skins of enemies? Is it parchment or papyrus?
(How about the saturation level of true "paper" books?)

3 How can characters use the same quotations from Abiding Book blessings / cursings as well as spells? (See HW 1st p.199) How far ordinary clergies understand the sentences? Or they simply read without understanding of passages as many RW Feudal European catholic priests?

4 What is the Pure Form of Sorcery Spells in sounds and pronunciations? Is it pure sounds of Runes? (See HW 1st p.191) Is it like a sort of Machine Language if I make comparison spell links to Sorcery Plane with downloading files in Internet Access?

5 How could use St. Mardron Rokari under Bailifes Dynasty (who didn't think Hrestol as a prophet and think he is a mere saint) Crusade Blessing?
(See TotRM #13 Greg's writing about Hrestol and Arkat)

6 How about the flexibility of each sorcery spells in comparison with theistic feats or animist fetches?

7 If I want concrete example like a sort of situation when sorcerers ravaged a church and stole their Grimoire. How can they download alien creed spell links from adept plane? Or should they try to go Saint Plane? (See Narrator's Book p.27)

8 What will it occur in future Illiteracy Era in Malkioni Areas? I know you don't know it, but if sorcerers cannot read anything....? (KOS)