Re: Carmanian House Generator

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 09:36:49 -0500

Grepppo wrote:

> This is a first post so Hi.

Welcome aboard! :)

> I notice from some archives that there was some work being done on a
> Carmanian House Generator. Did this come to fruition ?

I created a Carmanian House Questionnaire for my game set in the Western Reaches, and posted it on my website:

http://www.mindspring.com/~kpmcdona/carmania/tara/questionnaire/

There are a couple of caveats here -

  1. Carmanian Houses can have many different origins - the western kingdom of Akem, Bindle, Pelanda, Vanstal - even Dara Happa and more. Writing a House Generator that takes every possible origin into account would be a very difficult task. For my game, I narrowed the choices down to one: Akem. It should not be all that hard to retool the first five questions or so for another cultural origin.
  2. The Community Questionnaire concept has been refocused by Issaries since I wrote mine, so the CHQ is a bit different from that published for the Heortlings. Dems the breaks. <shrug>

> Also I am interested in RW analogues for Carmanian war tactics esp wrt
> Cavalry tactics, armour etc. Could anyone help on this ?

Martin? Mark? :)

~Kevin