Fonrit Again

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:23:04 +0900

Here is TI:

Antonio, you asked us several questions that was the old topic which once (several times?) raged this digest.
I don't think I can easily find my answers. But I can say you can contribute this area if you want to do so.

> Message: 1
> From: "Antonio Alvarez del Cuvillo" <antalvarez1976_at_hotmail.com>
> To: <glorantha_at_rpglist.org>
> Subject: Fonritian Magic & Gods
> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:20:14 +0100
>

> I remember an article about fonritian magic in Peter Metcalfe's page.
Since
> this page doesn't exist at this time I wonder if I could find it in
another
> site (for example, I have seen the timelines in TI's page).

I and Jerome Blondel once had a plan (desire?) to make a comprehensive note of the continent (as well as Fonrit) and Peter's note for Fanjosi might come to the part of it, but after that, we stopped that process and proceeding. One reason is Hero Quest's new Animism Rule isn't revealed publicly yet.

> BTW, I have some questions about fonritian gods:
>
> -Fonritian are theists but their ancestors were animists IIRC. So, are
their
> gods new? are they old gods discovered by Garangordos? are they old gods
> worshipped in Pamaltela before Garangordos?

Garangordos might say he rediscovered old gods, or induced new ones, who knows? Please read Enclosure #2, Glorantha Introduction to HW, or Revealed Mythologies. And old posts of Peter and Jerome Blondel could be found in Bryan Kondalski's Archive or Graham's search. They might have answers about it....But they might not reach consensus again. See also David Dunham's site as the editor of Enclosure #2 and the Umathela expert.

> I suppose Garangordos and his sons are "new gods" as the hero cults, 7
> Mothers, etc, but they heroquest in mythical times (discovered by
> Garangordos). But I know nothing about Darleester the Noose, for example.

Or new spirits (as Jakareel?), or sorcerous saints related to Blue Moonies. I hesitate to answer about it.

> -How much of the "Introduction to Fonrit" that is in the library of
> glorantha page is updated? For example, probably there is a cult about
"Two
> Brothers", but I'm not sure they are exactly Humakt and ZZ.

It is a city pantheon in Missing Land, Yngortu, native names of the two grim city gods are Orjethulut and Hanjethulut. (If you can pronounce adequetly without biting your own tongue.)

> -What about malkioni in Fonrit? Are there organized malkioni communities
> there? It depends of the city?

Famous centers are Nikosdros of Umathela as a center of Sedalpism and Ebbeshal of Fonrit as a center of Ebbeshites. Former is a sort of pacifist creed, Latter is Hedonist Cult. If Nick Brooke's site and unofficial RMM books told true, some of Rokari might have several trading post in Pamaltela.