More "help!"

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 04:14:38 -0700

Michi Kossowsky writes:

> If gods aren't a manifestation of our collective consciousness, and
> they really do exist independently, how the heck do you go and make a
> god, the way the EWF did? I mean, where did Gbaji come from?

I believe one common theory is that the First Council (not the EWF!) made Gbaji by reconstructing/resurrecting Rashoran (who was murdered by the Unholy Trio).

Of course, there are other ways to make a god. If you're a boy god and you know a friendly goddess, you can always make new gods the old-fashioned way. But as I understand it, no gods who participated in the Great Compromise will do this (since this would require the gods to change)... but perhaps chaos gods still do this?

> Another you guys are talking about that I don't get - the great
> compromise froze the god's ability to change? They don't have free
> will?

Or perhaps, they *have* free will--and they freely choose to bind themselves to the Compromise. For a god to act freely, to change, would be to break the Compromise and restart the Gods' War. They're somewhat reluctant to do this. But that's just my speculation, subject to correction by the Illuminates...