Date of the Borderlands

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:25:30 +1200

Viktor Haag

>Can anyone tell me the generally accepted date for the start of
>the Borderlands campaign? Is it 1615? Or later on?

Shortly after Starbrow's revolt AFAIK. In Jezra's Rescue, Daine speaks about the possibility of Tusk Riders being the same ones that massacred a tarsh village about five years ago. This might be a reference to the events of the Great Boar Hunt of 1609 which suggests a date of 1614.

Although the settlement is dated to 1615 [River of Cradles], the first settlers don't arrive until the end of the Condor Crags scenario by which time the year long contract of the mercenaries is nearly up.

So a date of 1614 seems likely.

--Peter Metcalfe