Non-Traditional Vampires

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 19:18:26 +0100

Jamuz:

>> So does Glorantha basically have the, ah, mass-culture-ized
>> vampires hither and yon? Or is there more variation?

I assume the 'mass-culture' Vivamort Vampire is Western in origin -- their powers look like the two forbidden sorceries taken to extremes (both Immortality and Tapping spells). Also, the most prominent historical vampires were the Vampire Kings of Tanisor. (I like to think that the Lunar Empire's Vampire Legion includes some survivors from their First Age, Gbaji Wars Vampire Legion... but then, I enjoyed the Carpathian Guard from Kim Newman's "Anno Dracula," too).

Erik Sieurin posted some lovely Heortling Undead to the Digest years back; when I dig them up, I'll post the link to Lokarnos.

Trotsky:

> Kralorela surely has its own vamps too

Oh boy, yes! I've seen those movies!!

Cheers, Nick