RE: White?

From: Michi Kossowsky <michi_at_mercury.co.il>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:03:21 +0300

>>There certainly is an old
>>Jewish tradition
>>(going back at least to the Talmud)

>Hey NICK, when was the Talmud compiled?

I realized you asked Nick, and not me but since I have been studying the Talmud since I was a wee lad, I figured I would answer....

The dates are hard to pin down exactly, since the Talmud itself does not date, but most scholars place the dates as follows:

The Talmud is composed of several pieces - the Mishna and the Gamarah. These can be further divided, but no need for that here. The Mishna began to be compiled by Rabbi Judah the Nasi (prince) in ~200 C.E. The Gemarah, which followed the Mishna was completed in the era of Rabban Jose, ~525 C.E.

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results

http://www.merc-int.com