Black Arkat

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:09:16 -0700

>From: "TERRA INCOGNITA"

>Greg Stafford:
>> MY official answer is that MIXED RELIGIONS ARE
>NORMAL EVERYWHERE.
>> It says this in HQ.
>
>My copy is not yet to come, Wizard Attic was faster
>than warehouse 23 :-(

I just got mine, too, but I thankthe MexicanPost Office for that.

>in a
>> >theistic culture?
>>
>> It is exactly like the Otherside for ANY
>sorcerers. ALL sorcery comes from
>the same place.
>
>Even that of Black Arkati?

Yes. Absolutely.

>You spoke about Culture while I talked about
>Society. "All" of Heortlings
>are theists of Ernalda and Orlanth.

In relation to magic, we hae to talk about the Otherworld form which it comes. Magic always comes form the appropriate Otherworld.

>> Kralorela is a grand, grand mixture of cults,
>churches, rites of all
>types. They exist side by side without hostility.
>
>Without hostility? Relativism and Absolutism. No
>such Society can be!

Rivalry, sure. Conflicts of interest? Yes, of course. Overt hostility AS A NORMAL WAY? No. No more than Taoism, Buddhism and Confucism are inherently hostile towards each other. Rival, conflicts of interest and occasional bursts of violence: yes.

>> TWIMOE.
>
>I don't know this abbreviation.

The World is Made of Everything.