Sorcery and Measurement

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:02:30 -0000

Greg wrote:

> Magic is a noncountable thing. You cannot answer it with=20
> a value of "how many," just "how much." The numbers given
> are approximate, variable and indefinite. At least, in the
> Glorantha I know of. It is mythic, not mathmatical.=20

In the late nineties, you were describing Sorcery as the type of magic specific to the mundane, *measurable* world, suggesting that sorcerous magic, at least, was "countable". Has this changed, or am I grasping the wrong end of the stick (that you are hitting me with :-)?

Cheers, Nick

End of Glorantha Digest