Re: Re: Urain

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_uri.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 08:47:42 -0500

At 06:48 PM 1/4/2004 +0000, Simon Phipp wrote:
>In my opinion, a lot of the nasty storm gods have
>non-chaotic origins and are nasty because Storm itself is nasty and violent.
>Look at the family - Umath, Vadrus, Gagarth, Urain, Storm Bull, Ragnaglar to
>name but a few. Even the ice Storm Gods can be quite nasty.

         One thing Heroquest has been very good with is providing enemy gods that aren't chaos. Sure chaos is bad and all, but it isn't the only problem -- most years, keeping Telmor from the sheep, Valin from the stead, Bad Deal from the Market, and a whole passel of Pelorian gods from everything is more urgent. I also like the reminder that Storm has a bad side too -- yes, Lunars can be quite blind to the damage caused by "good chaos," but Orlanthi are oblivious to the idea that their raidin' feudin' unwashed ways might have a down side, too....

Peter Larsen