Re: Jaldon, Tada, Waha, etc.

From: joe_at_toppoint.de
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:43:39 +0100 (CET)

Chris Lemens
>> (are you sure Tada is not an ancestor??? Your
>> comment below seems to imply another option;
>> see my comment)

> I am certain. Tada is not an ancestor of the Praxian
> nomads. He's someone else's ancestor.

The ancestor of the Tada-Shi of Prax, to wit.

About the White Bull and Jaldon: When KoS hit us in 1993, some of the grognards who knew Glorantha from the boardgames wondered where Jaldon Toothmaker could be found in the Argrath Saga and CHDP.

Argrath White Bull appears pretty much where Jaldon leads the Barbarian Horde (i.e. the Pol Joni clans plus allies) into Dragon Pass in the boardgame, which has led to speculations that he unites being a descendant of Jaldon/Waha (through paternal descent) and Sartar (through his mother), being the bastard son of a Khan and a Sartarite woman captured as slave.

>> It depends what does the conquest or ravage of Pavis
>> City means to the plan AW is going to fulfill. It
>> may be a little station, but defended by the Lunar
>> Empire or defiled by post Youf Sartarites, it could
>> spoil the entire Quest of AW.

> The point here is that Pavis is pretty insignificant.
> The nomads recognize this. They sack Pavis for a few
> days, then move on to more important business.

Actually, the sacking of Pavis (for the first time since the Dragonewts' Dream) is mythically significant. The Praxians are back in the troll-held rubble, everything goes again.

It is possible that AW goes on to awaken Jaldon on the Sartarite border. It is as possible that he reveals himself to be Jaldon reincarnated (however, yet without his lanky steed "home").

> No, it sournds pretty interesting as an analogy. Some
> of the events are backwards. And Tada is not the
> ancestor of the nomads -- Storm Bull is. Tada is
> someone else's ancestor.

Tada is ancestor of the Tada-Shi, the Eirithan Golden Age people of Prax, who are strong at the Paps and lately (again) in Pavis and important at the Oases. The Praxians have the same relation to the Tada-Shi as they have to the Orlanthi - they share one side of mythical great-grandparents.

A funny side effect: both Genert and Tada were deserted by their professed sons-in-law, Genert by Tada, and Tada by Vingkot (according to the Wyrms Footprints origins of the Vingkot's wife). All were slain by chaos.