Non contiguous

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:16:09 -0800

Friends,
>From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_nc.rr.com>

>I can handle a tula that snakes here and there, but
>you should be able
>to walk from any point in the tula to any other
>point in the tula
>without stepping out of it.

I can imagine a tula being scattered here and there. Maybe not good ont he long term, as you said, but certainlypossible. For instance, what if y our clan happened to sieze and keep the central valley between my other two valleys?

>That said, I'm starting to like Jeff's idea that
>tribes can, and often
>do, have clans that don't touch the others. It
>seems more organic,
>which is how I see Orlanthi tribes.

I beleive that this is even in the source books. It has always been a part of my game. Clans can qit and join tribes pretty much at will, and thus non contiguous tribal areas are pretty much thenorm.

>> That's a more recent event, but when Tarkalor
>built his royal road, he
>> would have linked all strategic and magical
>places to the road,
>> strengthening it.

All of them? That{s giving Tarkalor more credit than even I usually give him!

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford