re: the map (as if we discuss anything else) (Douglas Seay)

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:17:42 -0800

Doug

>I can handle a tula that snakes here and there, but you should be able
>to walk from any point in the tula to any other point in the tula
>without stepping out of it....
>
>That said, I'm starting to like Jeff's idea that tribes can, and often
>do, have clans that don't touch the others. It seems more organic,
>which is how I see Orlanthi tribes.

Both are true in King of Dragon Pass -- I think it was partly for technical reasons, but I felt that it gave the right result. Over time, tribes probably become contiguous, since it's more convenient.

(Clans may need to be contiguous so that the wyter can watch over their complete area. Tribes don't have the same sort of guardian.)

--

David Dunham

End of Glorantha Digest