Rant and W**k

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:44:19 -0800 (PST)

> 1. Awareness Issue
>
> Not Glorantha per se, but still relevant (probably).
>
> Glad to see that HeroQuest has fully entered the
> consciousness of game
> stores.
> Simon

Ranting and W**king mode:
Sigh!

If the local store shopkeeper would just react to the keywords:

Glorantha
Runequest
Heroquest
Herowars

I would be happy.

I usually have to explain by analogy ("that game similar to the Stormbringer game, but different; similar to the warhammer game, but different, similar to the AD&D game but different, similar to the Vampire game but different...") my goal when I enter the shop just to let him tell me (reenactically once every six months): "I have never heard of it. Let me check through my distributor chain. Could you gently put down a note so that I have not to translate from your horrible english spelling?"

"yes of course" say I (in italian)

Then all is silent for another six months until I visit the shop again.......... eternally!

Maybe I should *buy* a bunch of stupid CCGs or RPGs or

Warhammer miniatures just so that *he* remember my face!

sigh!

Ciao,
Gian