48 old ones.

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 11:05:54 EST

<< I agree with Peter that the 48 Old Ones are not  agriculture spirits in the sense of organized grain  cultivation. I think they are like the regional  female earth spirits found elsewhere, but without the  cultural context of tilled land. These grains were  never domesticated.>>

I imagined there was an Old One for some of the edible plants found in the wastes, or more accurately, once found in Genert's Garden. Plants such as Holy Grain, Skullbush, Date Palms, Dreamweed (perhaps), and other such things which, while not particularly agricultural, would be eaten by hungry nomads, and still grow where water flows - whether in the wake of Ronance, or following Seolinthur's rudder, or at an oasis.

Keith