Oasis Folk replies

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:47:00 -0500

Joerg Baumgartner:

<much snippage>

> Where I live, cereal fields are enclosed by hedges of hazel, willow and=

> similar low-growth trees. After WW2 many of these hedges have been raze=
> to allow for combination-harvesters, but field size still is just a few=

> football fields apiece. The cereals alternate with raps (which would ha=
ve
> been flax fields a century ago, or beans) and roots or cabbages.

This reflects modern crop rotation, which in our world came in comparatively recently around the time of the Industrial Revolution. Bef= oe
that settled farmers had to allow the fields to lie fallow for one year i= n
three.

Is the modern system known in Glorantha? Either way there must be a myth=

that explains why things are done the way they are. Has anyone written i= t?

Andrew