Re: Real faith, real magic

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:13:57 -0800

Simon

>The same goes for wedding ceremonies. Christians believe that
>a wedding ceremony literaly changes the relationship between
>the souls of the participants, binding them together in a way that
>only god can undo. It's not just symbolic, it's actualy making a
>change in the world. You may not believe that, but many do and
>are prepared to attest to the fact that they do feel different
>afterwards.

Our wedding wasn't Christian, but at one point during the ceremony, I did have the feeling that the entire world had shifted by 90 degrees.

I think Sandy Petersen once discussed on this list how marriages held in big cathedrals were less likely to end in divorce than those in smaller churches. It's unclear whether this is because cathedrals are more likely to be on sacred sites, or simply that bigger buildings are more magical. (I'm sure the Malkioni subscribe to both theories, just to be sure.)

--

David Dunham