Ancient atheists

From: Mittmann, Mike <Mike_Mittmann_at_affymetrix.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:10:22 -0800

> From: Henk Langeveld <hlangeveld_at_mailworks.org>
>
> It's an interesting quote.
> Is it possible to cite a source for that epitaph?
> Who was this Enculpus, where is that monument?
>
> I tried Google, but it only turned up the Glorantha
> Digest of last year...
>
> Mittmann, Mike wrote:
> > To which I bring out this quote again:
> >
> > From the monument of Marcus Antonius Enculpus:
> >
> > There is no boat in Hades, no ferryman Charon,

Hmmm, I got it off the web somewhere, so it's not that reliable. ( "All facts are on the web, all true facts and all false facts")

However by searching for a random line of the poem I got to this page: http://www.lamp.ac.uk/~noy/death4.htm

Which is written to imply that the writer of the page has a handout showing the tombstone.

I'll leave further research to you :-)

-mike