Re: Gloranthan reality of magic and religion

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:26:33 +0100 (CET)

Peter Larsen

> Similarly, an Ernaldan worships the Mother Earth to keep food
> coming and society together. If she were to have a chat with a Dara Happan
> farmer's wife, she would find that they have much in common, but she would
> not be driven to give up her goddess for the rites of the Pelorian nor
> insist that the Pelorian was incorrect for following her own gods -- after
> all, the goddesses of the great river valley are not the goddesses of the
> steep hills. If the Dara Happan was brought to the stead as a thrall, that
> would be a different matter; who wants foreign goddesses in the stead? It
> still wouldn't be evil.

Ok. So what about those "enslaved tribes" or clans who have accepted Doburdun worship?

Do they retain their clan wyters? If so, how do the wyters or their powers change from the switch of affiliation? How much ancestor support will they retain?

Do these clans worship Doburdun exclusively, or along with the Thunder Brothers (i.e. something like Orlanth in 48 pieces)?

How does their (temporal) magical advantage play out during the Fimbulwinter of '22?

Are there Dobudurni magical strike forces among the rebels at Iceland? (After all, you can be a Balmyr and still hate the Empire that brought the Fimbulwinter.)

I mean we have some 600 pages on Heortlings as they should be, but very little on Heortlings (and Tarshites) as they pragmatically are.