Brooidoids

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:34:12 -0800 (PST)

Rereading it (thanks Nick!):

> I imagine the reference is to the account printed in
> "Borderlands"
> "The nomad host met the Lunars, Sun Domers, and
> Sable cavalry on the
> edge of the Good Place, near the Moonbroth oasis
> where the Lunar army
> was assembling. The Bison Riders and Impala Riders
> had gathered Rhino
> Riders, Pavis Survivors, the Agimori, Newtlings, the
> Basmoli Berserkers,
> and the Bolo Lizard people to their side, along with
> some medicine
> bundles, a shaman-controlled Oakfed, and even a
> contingent of Broos..."

IMO, here the reference is to a bunch of Malia spirits.
The shamans at moonbroth used medicine bundles, Oakfed fires and disease spirits to attack their enemies. They called them "broos" for contempt, but they used Broos Ghosts, actually (or maybe mad head ghosts... what obut a tien shaman at Moonbroth?).

Ciao,
Gian

End of Glorantha Digest