Theists /= Gloranthans

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_marconi.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:16:56 -0000

Andrew Larsen:

> I would suggest that Gloranthan religion is much more
>like ancient polytheism than modern notions of religion,
>which tend to be based on Christianity and its emphasis on
>faith and belief. ...

You're comparing Gloranthan theists with real world theists and then saying 'therefore Gloranthans bla, bla, bla' where you should be saying 'therefore Gloranthan theists bla, bla, bla'.

You paint with too broad a brush. All this means is that Gloranthan Theist beliefs about the attitudes of the gods mirror real world Theist beliefs about the attitudes of the gods. However Gloranthan Mystics believe that the beliefs and state of mind of the individual are _all_ that matter. Monotheists such as the Malkioni also seem to place a greater emphasis on orthodoxy of faith.

Simon Hibbs