Re: Retrofitting Fimbulwinter into KoS

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_nildram.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:34:33 +0000

KoS pgs 115 & 227 and Heroquest Voices has Jarsandron Tenherds as Grazer Chied at this point.
http://www.glorantha.com/support/13.IntrotoGlorantha.pdf

KoS says he was friendly with the Lunars but murdered by anti-Lunars after multiple, unamed, diasters weakened his hold of terror. Is Fimbulwinter one of the disasters? Is the vagueness of the disasters because the scribe has elided Fimbulwinter?

The CHDP (KoS pg 149) says the Broyan told the tale of Whitewall at the tribal moot at Bullflood 'and at other places throughout the winter'. Should that read 'The Winter'?

It notes that in 1622 'the Imperial command was hard beset by many problems at this time', including 'simultaneous uprisings in several provinces'. The uprisings are unlikely to have been coordinated, but could occur simultaneously if triggered by the Fimbulwinter, and 'many problems' is another suspisciously vague term.

Events of My Life (KoS pg 211) has the unpromising entry '1621 -- Whitewall falls. Ashart dies of heat.' What if 'heat' is a mis translation of an idiom such as 'temperature' in English, which can mean high or low temperature? Ashart is only 3 years old at that time, and we should note that young children are particularly prone to hypothermia because of their small size.