Mystics - powerful and not

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:21:02 +0300 (EEST)

What is the take on mysticism these days? I don't necessarily need mechanics so much as a rough grip on how it works and how powerful it is.

There's a Sheng Seleris like failed mystic running behind the scenes in my Glorantha and also his young (non failed) student.

There was an excellent story in a convulsion con-bookie about how Sheng Seleris fought against the kings of Alkoth. Very inspiring (I'd be more specific, but I can't find the booklet at the moment).

But I'm still at loss at the beginning and the end of mystic power. What are the limits of a godlike failed mystic. What are the powers of a regular one.

The image that has come to my mind are psionic powers, a modern take would be the Jedi-knight, I suppose. Mind over matter, or rather over reality.

Hero Wars seem to suggest that exerting this power is potentially very harmful to the mystic, especially if he/she fails in the attempt.

Also mystics don't have an otherworld to draw power from, so they draw on their own resources.

There may or may not be a link between mysticism and the draconic practises of the EWF.

Any and all information and toughts will be greedily snapped up.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.