Alda Chur Yanafal Tarnils Temple

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:53:24 +0100

Hi all

Looking at the Alda Chur drawing in Dragon Pass: Land of Thunder I am at a loss as to which is the Yanafal Tarnils temple.

Here's the text from the book:

"Alda-chur has two great temples of fame. The first is to Yelmalio Enduring, patron god of the city. The golden central tower reflects the glory of Yelm by day and casts a soft, flickering light across the city by night. Across the square from it is the Lunar temple to the Seven Mothers."

I suppose the Ziggurat-like tower on top of the Palace of Bronze is the temple to Yelmalio Enduring (and that the Sun Dome next to it); the Seven Mothers' Yanafal Tarnils temple across the square (or plaza in some sources) could be that status-like edifice? Doesn't fit the grandeur of the description though.

Anyone got an idea?

Cheers

Matthew