Adept rants about names (apology)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 02:30:41 +0300 (EEST)

After re-thinking a bit (this writing in at 2:30 AM is not parhaps all that smart) I think I've been terribly Finnish and offensive.

We are an abrupt and informal people. I hope I didn't offend anybody with my comments about the various tidbits of languages.

In clarification I like much of the older stuff (Mostali, Aldryami...). It's just these new "troll name for an elf is..." and the new species names that sort of got to me.

[me]
:> I'm surprised if people actually make the effort to learn the new names
:> of the various critters in Anaxial's Roster
:[Trotsky]
:You'll hopefully have noted that in HeroQuest, we now use the 'standard'
:names for creatures by default - e.g. 'jack-o-bear', not 'do-karal'.

Hooray! =D

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.