Re: Mythmaking

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_marconi.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:49:33 -0000

Matti:

>IMO, for example the Brithini can remember events happened
>before the Sun rose. Malaskan Phillippe, Ruler Talar of
>Arolanit, was born in the Ice Age, so it would be strange if
>he couldn't remember those times and events.

And yet many myths of the ages 'before the dawn' talk about days and nights. Because the sun rose in 'mythic time', you can experience sunrise 'before' the Lightbringer's Quest. Cause and effect aren't linked in the same way, therefore talling about such things as occuring before the dawn doesn't work as well as it should. The Dara Happans don't seem to think anything special happened 1600 years ago and I don't see any obvious reason to suppose the Brithini would think so either.

'The Dawn' was obviously a significant magical and mythic event that occured so far as the Theyalans are concerned but honestly I don't know much about what that realy was. Perhaps it's something to do with the Elmal cult.

Simon Hibbs