Devalued herobands and powers

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:00:07 +0300 (EEST)

Am I the only one that is upset with the nerfing of the herobands of Old Gloranthan Lore (Dragon Pass boardame, KoS).

It's nice to see things like Snakepipe Dancers and Eaglebrowns get some attention, but I'm not happy that the names are just slapped on herobands that seem to have little or no connection with the original concept.

The Eaglebrowns are a creaton of Argrath, one of his "new magic for a new era" responses to the Lunar colleges of magic.

The Stormwalkers are _the_ regiment of Orlanthi heroes. Daimones and immortal heroes that only take interest in the most dire of mortal conflicts. These guys are the only group in DP that can take on the fullmoon corps any day of the week.

Snakepipe Dancers rather obviously refers to the cult that will rise around Baroshi when he is resurrected in the Hollow.

  ***

All names seem to have been usurped by groups that are small, and too puny at least by one mastery level...

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.