Re: Bendy light

From: Nick Brooke <nick_brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:00:05 +0100 (BST)

My "bendy light" was a deliberately cheesy theory, written to annoy people who *assumed* that Glorantha had real-world physics. The only implications of the "bendy light" theory that matter IMG are:
  1. yes, Glorantha *does* have a horizon, that looks much like ours;
  2. you can't assume Gloranthan physics are the same as ours. You are likely to make mistakes if you do.

The piece was entirely frivolous in intention, much like MOB's "round world" speculations, and I'm very sorry if it's bothered or upset anybody.

The only connection between "bendy light" and the turning searchlight of the Red Moon is that they're both inexplicable, both appear not to work by our world's physics, and we have Gloranthan accounts of how *both* work which are perfectly acceptable to Gloranthans.

(And, I suppose, that it's inane to spend too much time worrying about either).

Cheers, Nick