Re: Orlanthi initiation

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:17:57 -0700

Peter Metcalfe

> >Children
> >in this society are likely to be economically useful from an early age,
>>and they won't all be shepherding or picking flowers: what restriction
>>do you think there should be on what they can do?
>
>The only restrictions that I can find are sex and learning divine magic.
>Learning common magic or having innate magical abilities is fine.

In our Heortling games, children cannot learn any magic, as per Thunder Rebels p.58. (Admittedly TR was written before the game system had common magic, but it says "forbidden certain things (such as having sex or learning magic).")

It's impossible to prevent someone from having innate magic though... My guess is that children who have it are frequently those who are initiated much earlier than the norm.

--

David Dunham