Look at the moon

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 02:20:53 +0300 (EEST)

:RQ2 sources pretty clearly imply the last; the 'searchlight' model
:amounts to that too; Mikko's 'new old model' could be either the first
:(if he thinks the moon's always in the same place in the sky), or the
:third (if he thinks it always appears to be in the direction of Glamour,
:but is otherwise the same from everywhere). I don't think anyone has
:proposed the second alternative.

Look, it's not difficult.

The moon is high over Glamour. When you move away from glamour the moon is always in the direction of Glamour, just like there was a large object hovering over the city. Despite this, I propose that the phase and face of the moon looks the same everywhere.

So when you are far-far away, the moon looks smaller (duh!), but it still looks like Sedenya (not the north-side-of-sedenya, not the south-side-of-sedenya...), and still cycles through it's phases at the same time.

This solves many problems, but obviously is not for everybody. Some people seem quite happy to have a very vague description on what's going on. Admittedly there is a proud Gloranthan tradition of being vague, but one should be able to tell the players what the moon look like, even if they do a few experiments.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.