Indexes and Lokarnos

From: Nick Brooke <nick_brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:03:04 +0100 (BST)

Donald wrote:
>> (Also, is there an overall index for the
>> Gloranthan literature? Are there supplementary
>> indexes available for the books or boxed sets
>> that don't have their own indices? Is this
>> a niche waiting for someone to claim it?)

> The only publications which didn't have indexes
> included were the Hero Wars books and "Glorantha:
> ITTHW". An index for those was available on the
> web site at one time.

Not quite. There were detailed tables of contents for all three books by Charles Corrigan and myself, plus an index of runes I knocked together for "Glorantha", which are still available from the HeroQuest-RPG Yahoo Group's "Files" area. But nobody ever indexed everything in any of these books, to the best of my knowledge. (I started work on G:IttHW, once, but then learned a new edition was coming soon enough to make it unworthwhile continuing).

> There is of course Lokarnos to index web pages.

I would like to encourage people who love Glorantha to add their internet finds to the Lokarnos index, at http://lokarnos.com - the site was founded a year ago to be community-built, but to date almost all of the work has been done by the editors, Joerg Baumgartner (a Hero!), and a handful of other worthy individuals.

I'd certainly buy a beer, and enjoy a chat, with any prolific contributors who can make it to Tentacles or Continuum this year! :-)

Cheers, Nick
http://lokarnos.com