Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 10 #138 - 7 msgs

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:17:36 +0200 (CEST)

> Joerg:
>>Greg repeatedly told us
>>on conventions that inside the Glowline the moon appears to have reached
>>its designated position in Buserian's Frame.

Peter Metcalfe

> Which would mean that NW of the Crater and facing the City, the Moon
> would appear behind you. I recall Alex once wondering what would happen
> if, for example, one crossed from the western reaches (outside the
> glowline and thus the Moon is in the direction of glamour) into the
> heartlands (where the moon is in the direction of the NW).

Pretty much the same as from any direction you cross the Glowline - there is an area of uncertainty wherein the moon seems to rise from its outside position (fairly low above the Crater) to its inside position (high, on its place in Buserian's Frame, possibly the one defined by the Doom Conjunction).

Oh, and a change of phase effect, too. Which one exactly will be told in ILH2. Researching this effect repeatedly might be a rough-and-dirty way to get illuminated or just plain mad. (Discussing it on the digest might have the same effect...)

I think we ought to ask ourself what the Glowline really is. I have a fledgeling theory...