Gorp! The Musical

From: Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:42:00 -0500

    When I think of the ideal gorp, I am immediately reminded of Plato's Ideal Forms. The notion that there is an Ideal Form of Gorp out there is an interesting, and somewhat alarming one.

    Gorp are certainly the least developed type of baddie in Glorantha. Broo and Scorpion Men have their own cults and cultures, but gorp just have pits and slime trails. Players also tend to get very bored with gorp. The first time they run into gorp they're scared, but after that gorp become very old hat. As a GM, I have to work hard to keep players alarmed by gorp. I once even resorted to sentient gorp.

    Not that any of this is a substantive contribution to the question of gorp.

Andrew E. Larsen