Re: Lunar topics

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:06:56 +0200 (CEST)

Alex Ferguson.
> Joerg on the position of the moon, as regards the Glowline:
>> Provided one can observe a transitional effect at all. Not sure about >> that.

> If the appearance inside and outside are different, how can there _not_
> be a 'transitional effect' of some kind?

E.g. because while in transition, all you can see above is a red haze? Some kind of Stargate visual effects? There are numerous possible cop-outs to avoid seeing the moon zooming across the sky.

> And in the sense
> that "supposedly original position" makes her an 'ordinary' fixed
> celestial object in the NW sky?

I've been told that that's the intention behind the description.

> (I'd suggest that the Obvious Compromise here was a moon that was at her
> 'ordained height' within the glowline, but still always seems to be in
> the direction of Glamour.)

I agree that this would make probably more sense as a working model.