Gloranthan Hyena

From: (wrong string) änen <"Tero>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:52:52 +0300

Hi folks.

While trying to understand a Gloranthan Hyena without confusion, which parts of habits of the three RW species a Gloranthan Hyena have?

Forgive me, but I use their latin names now, because I don`t know the english translations... :)

If we look at the brown one (Hyeana brunnea), it`s not so lucky predator at all as the dotted one (Crocuta crocuta) - which is maybe the most famous killer machine of them.
Still, there are some interesting things in brown hyena, which could fit quite well in Prax and the Wastes: Even though it´s feeding almost only with carrions and small mammals, it teaches its cub the same paths to find food. So they may travel again and again to old places, where they used to find carrions and prey alike generations ago. Also, as a myth this could explain somehow the mystical travels that morokanth Hyena worshipers have.

-Tero Pitkänen

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

End of Glorantha Digest