Re: Sun County female garment

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:21:51 +0200 (CEST)

Jane Williams replying to Gregory Spinat

>> I do not have access to my sources and i need an information
>> that is in the Sun County book (i think). I remember that in
>> this place, females were hiding most of their body with dress
>> and veil and such (like some RL musulm women). My question is
>> about the color of those dress, are they dark blue and black
>> or can they be colorfull ? What is said in the book ?

> As far as I can see, the colour is never stated. I've always assumed > white to be predominant, but this is my assumption, not the sources.

I'd have expected undied, unbleached fabric, not to arouse men in public. It's a quite practical colour, too...

Underneath, green seems appropriate for the virtues of earth.

> Available fabric - they grow flax, so have linen. Wool is from sables > and impalas.

Wool is for coats, not daytime garments. You wouldn't want women to be stronger in heat than men.