[gta-observer] Fwd: Get yer Arcane Lore here!

From: gta-observer-admin_at_rpglist.org
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:43:18 -0700

Greetings to the Tribe!

At long last, "Arcane Lore: Heroquests and Heroquesting" is at least finished. We have one last map to scan, and then the sixth Pre-Finished Work will be on its way to the printer. We expect it to begin shipping by the end of the month, but you can order it now.

Arcane Lore reveals a vast treasure trove about heroquesting. Collected from almost 30 years of questing, this book explores the philosophy, mechanics, and practice of heroquesting from a multitude of viewpoints and angles. Although much of the material was written for the old RuneQuest game, and other parts were used in the development of Hero Wars and HeroQuest, all of it is useful in understanding heroquesting and developing your own heroquests.

In addition to extensive sections on Heroquesting, God and Mortals, The Worlds, and The Mythic Ages, Arcane Lore contains over 40 pages detailing heroquests. From the Hill of Gold to The Quest for Knowledge, from the Jackal's Path to the Westfaring, these quests provide details of Glorantha and the Hero Planes that have never been published anywhere. It also includes over a dozen maps and diagrams of the Hero Planes and Otherworlds.

Like all of the Pre-Finished Works, much of the contents of Arcane Lore are speculative and subject to change as development of HeroQuest continues. More even than those other books, we are compelled to warn readers that the material in Arcane Lore is EXTREMELY SPECULATIVE, and subject to great changes before the final version of a HeroQuesting Handbook is done. With those caveats in mind, however, we invite you into the Other Worlds and hope you enjoy the contents. We also would like to give a special thanks to Graham Robinson and Brian Isikoff, without whose work this book would never have been.

Arcane Lore is 108 pages and is $30.00 US. It includes material by Greg Stafford, Sandy Petersen, Steve Marsh, Roderick Robertson, Bill Keyes, and David Hall. For more information (including a complete table of contents) or to Pre-Order Arcane Lore, go to www.HeroQuest-rpg.com/products/3007.html.

Cheers,

Stephen

Stephen Martin
<gta_at_glorantha.com>

P.O. Box 272914 Concord, CA 94527
Phone: (925) 680-8897
Interested in the Glorantha Trading Association? Find out more at
<www.HeroQuest-rpg.com/gta>