RuneQuest and HeroQuest

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:31:51 +0200

Oh wow !!!

http://www.heroquest-rpg.com/products/images/3007.jpg

Greg's got the RQ trademark back !!!

Congrats and well done !!!
Julian

Did Greg ever have the trademark ? I thought it might have been a trademark of Chaosium ? My question is now that he has it, what will be done with it? What value is there in having a trademark that was part a game system, now out of print, and owned by someone else?

This is actually old news on RQ mailing lists. It has also been pointed out that Chaosium is selling an advanced BRP rules set (monograph series) that is RQ3 with the references to RQ replaced with references to BRP (Players book and Magic book).

What does all this mean for Glorantha and Runequest ? Who owns the trademark for Glorantha ?

Warren