Re: Trademarks, the official word

From: Dread Domain <dreaddomain_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:33:34 -0400

You mean putting the RQ logo on a Heroquest supplement even if there is = no RQ information in there? While I see the recognition value, wouldn't = create a little confusion?=20

  We will be using it on various products that could be used with the = old
  RuneQuest books. I have even considered putting it on the HeroQuest = line, to
  indicate the connections.
You mean putting the RQ logo on a Heroquest supplement even if there is = no RQ information in there? While I see the recognition value, wouldn't = it create a little confusion? I unfortunately don't have a better idea = right now that wouldn't upset the flow of published products so I = haven't much to add to the whole thing.=20

  We have been talking with Chaosium about the possibility of licensing = the RQ TM
  to them to use with a version of BRP to fill out their fantasy line. = Issaries
  does not plan to release a version of the RQ game ourselves. Although = I love
  the game dearly, I find the system to be archaic and not capable of   representing the entirety of Glorantha as well as HeroQuest.

Which could be a good idea. Although I would not go as far as saying = they have a fantasy line. Stormbringer was published 3 years ago and = they don't seem to be in a rush to support it or any other Eternal = Champion line. I agree HQ represent Glorantha better than RQ but (is it = nostalgia talking now?) I would love to see a 4th edition or RQ. I know = this is not what you were implying but I couldn't help but think about = it (:-))

Anyway, I am glad Issaries got the RQ license if for no other reason = than to own it (:-))