Re: Re: Disasters of mythic proportion

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:00:13 -0700

George W. Harris <gharris_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

> The hurricane season doesn't really hit full speed until
> September. Who is the Gloranthan god of storms at sea? Someone has
> really pissed him off.

Only vaguely apropos, but... I saw "The Day After Tomorrow". I thought that while it was ludicrously bad *science fiction*, it actually wouldn't have made a bad *fantasy movie*.

They should have dropped the whole "global warming upsets ocean currents and brings on an ice-age in thirty-six hours" gimmick. Instead, it should've been something like, "The last ice age ended when the great shamans bound the demons of winter in a magic prison. Someone just let them out..."