Re: Invisible Orlanth?

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 11:05:28 -0400

Victor Lane wrote:

>Is anything known about this Invisible Orlanth?

Not much. See:
http://lokarnos.com/article.pl?sid=03/07/04/148225&mode=thread

It has been theorized that the IO cult is related to that of Tarumath, the High Storm. Tarumath was worshiped by Lokamayadon in the days of the Bright Empire. See: http://www.glorantha.com/new/daysenerus.html

>A Lunar friendly version?

That remains to be seen! So far the cult has been ignored by the Carmanian Heirophant, and no mention has been made of what the Lunar authorities think.

>I think it would be rather interesting to have some Invisible Orlanth worshipers sent down to Sartar to try and convert
>people to a more Lunar friendly version of Orlanth.

I agree! Most of them are busy preparing for the Wall of Charg (Syndics Ban) to fall, though.

As a final note, the old RQ Genertela book said that the cult of IO was also present in the city of Ajaak, Worian. "This settlement is noted for its cult of the Invisible Orlanth, whose priests tell a tale of how their god was enlightened and conquered the Invisible God." The cult was popularized by the patronage of Saranko, son of Yolanela of Spol and half-brother to Heirophant Brostangian Archmoor.

Peter Metcalfe posted to the HeroQuest-RPG Yahoo group back in July of 2000 that "There was also an update on Invisible Orlanth that was cut [/from Glorantha - Introduction to the Hero Wars/] - it was changed into the Orlanthi Magi whose Ersoons are swords and they divine Idovanus's Will from the Weather. Make of it what you will."

I hope this helps!