Re: Karse and the Pelaskites

From: jeblondel_at_free.fr
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:31:06 +0200

Joerg Baumgartner

> <Sea god husband of Esrola>
>
> > Oops, I meant Faralinthor, Esrolia is of course a lusty widow :-)
>
> Keeping some of the gifts of control over sea creatures she received from
> her husband, making a subcult similar to Goose Girl feasible. However,
> this might be treading on Choralinthor's mythical territory.

I don't know elsewhere, but RW autumn is the season of equinoctial tides and in my area it's a good time for harvesting mussels as well as beets. In spring it's to be avoided because they breed and grow in summer.

> > So much as Heort refounds the Vingkotlings, there is a cultural hero who
> > re-learns the Pelaskos mysteries?
>
> I had Pelaskos rather in a Vingkot-like role. A hero rediscovering how to
> access the Pelaskos ways in the Silver Age (after the Godtime magics had
> changed and new ways had to be found, see Hantrafal) would be nice to
> know, so that we get a minor Silver Age hero for the Pelaskites.

I thought Pelaskos was a Silver Age god (or hero, why not).

Someone considered that some Pelaskites may be polygamous. When Joerg said the treaty wife thing, and the brothels (pleasure wives?) etc.

To LC, I am more familiar with mussel and sardine deities than oysters or whatever, I am French but I don't live far from Belgium.

Jerome