Trolls and Colors

From: greg_at_glorantha.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:32:38 -0700

Hola,

Aftr I said
> > Someone can check the published sources, but I do not beleive that the uz
> > can see colors at all. Just light and dark.
>
> From: "John English" <john_at_theenglishs.fsnet.co.uk>
says

> Don't the Zorak Zorani use red as a sacred colour? I wouldn't think they'd
> use it if they couldn't differentiate it...

Nice call.
Yes, they can likely detect somethig like red. But they are a perverse cult anyway who worship the Great Enemy of uzdom, Fire. Their cult history accounts for this unusual perception.

> Also the Blue Moon trolls seem to be able to differentiate their moon from
> the red one?

Well, there is no blue moon in the sky to be differentiated, of course. And it has been stated elsewhere that the trolls can't see the sky with their poor eyes.

They live in a mountainous plateau formed from the broken Blue Moon. I doubt they even call it by that name, however.

-g