gloranthan alphabets

From: Kajabor <kajabor_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:09:51 -0800 (PST)

While I don't know anything about Gloranthan alphabets, one interesting feature of the European alphabets is that they're not entirely
consistent...for example, pretty much every language using the cyrillic alphabet varies it's symbol set from the others. Serbian has a character that looks like a "j" whereas Russian doesn't, etc. Similarly, the Roman set is varied by the use of diacritical marks that create some pretty distinct
characters...check out Czech, for some weird ones, or the c cedilla of French. So, one thing you could do with the scroll is have it be sort of recognizable, enough to hook the characters in, but have enough weird letters that it doesn't quite read through.

Also, I would think that there would be some writing system that used the runes, but again, who knows...