[OT] Re: Gloranthan Scripts

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_runegate.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:12:01 +0800

OT: I suspect that, given the time that the Gaelic Irish became Christian and (the few monks etc.) started to write, it is likely that they used current phonemes in Roman Provincial Britain, with some modification.

The Irish were one of the few cultures with a (relatively) vibrant written vernacular culture during the "Dark Ages" of much of Western Europe.

Regards,
Charles