Demons

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:51:38 +1300

Chris Graham:

>So i'm about twenty years late, however, I recently pickled up the White
>Dwarf articles o
>demon summoning (in runequest). Has there ever been any instances of demon
>summoning in glorantha.

The best documented example is Cacodemon. The Wizards of the West know how to summon demons (the tortured essenses of the gods and spirits they had previously
caught) but such practices aren't very common these days.

>In particular in Sartar? Desperate farmers wanting to placate a demon
>that's killing
>the cattle or something else killing the cattle. Or sacrifices to
>winter/ice demons to
>ensure the winter isn't too severe?

Paying Tribute to Valind is already part of the Orlanthi religious calendar.

--Peter Metcalfe

---