Yelm and Rufelza

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 12:28:21 +0900

John Galloway asked:

> As I understand it the Gloranthan week (168 hours) is divided up into
> seven days of equal duration.
>
> When does a day's twenty-four hour period begin? Midnight, dawn, noon,
> sunset, or are things not that simple?

"A day's twenty-four hour period" is not concept of any gloranthans, or any real world ancient people, that derived from de facto standard of Greco-romans and its cultural successors from its own benefit. And before 14th Century or so, time 12 counts were divided just by length of day and night, not accurate period of length of whole "1day" (thus 12+12=24).

Orlanthi day begins just after dusk if I remember correctly.

> Now, normally I wouldn't be overly concerned when one phase ends and
> the next begins or how long it stays 'full' for but given that the
> 'Effect on Lunar Magic' multiplier (page 112 HQ:RiG) is strictly tied
> to the phase associated with that calendar day I find myself asking...

It is game mechanic.

> What time of the day does the Effect on Lunar Magic change from one
> multiplier to the next?

Gradually. But do you want to play it? Or you can save your time simply by dividing seven in game term.

> Does this occur at the same time in Nochet as it is in Pavis?

No, see Nick Brooke's site.

http://www.etyries.com/moonie/phases.htm

Terra Incognita (just escaping routine labour of current days.)

End of Glorantha Digest